Subject: Re: Minor problem when Building Rockbox for JBR1

Re: Minor problem when Building Rockbox for JBR1

From: Christian Marg <christian.marg_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:18:18 +0100

Hello...

Of course I added the 'delete' entry to the WPS OnPlay-Menu, sorry for
my inaccuracy...

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Christian Marg wrote:
>> I had to 'make clean' each time, even if I just changed one file. Is
>> this intended behaviour?
>
> That's strange. I just tried, and ajbrec.ajz seems to be updated just fine.

After some investigation with md5summing ajbrec.ajz, I see that it
changes. But somehow, when I copied the ajbrec.ajz to the rockbox, I
didn't get the message "Boot changed". And when I roloed into the
supposedly new file, the change wasn't there. Maybe I'll have to double
check md5sum after I copied the file? I did 'safely remove' the USB
device after all...

When I did a 'make clean' before 'make', the Rockbox detected the "Boot
Change" on USB disconnect. And I saw the change in the roloed firmware...

Maybe I'll look into it further if I try to clean up the mess[1] I made
with my F3-Menu hack ;) Maybe I'll even implement a "LRU"-List on F3?
But don't hold your breath on it...

I also got an idea for Bug http://www.rockbox.org/bugs/task/2839
(Buttonbar always visible for Keyboard screen) - just change
global_settings.buttonbar temporarily when displaying the keyboard
screen. I might even produce a patch, if you like the idea...

bye

Christian

[1] I just disembodied the Quickmenu function and added menu code to it...

PS: I see, maybe I _should_ subscribe to the dev-list, because
discussing lines of code surely is off topic in userlist, isn't it? Well
at least I refrained from posting C code ;)