Subject: Two (short) thougths on GUI

Two (short) thougths on GUI

From: ERG <EduardoRGC_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:40:56 +0100

There could be some kind of key function asignation menu, or maybe a build
should have to assign particularly (sorry my English) that key bindings, and
those assignements could be discussed apart on any player.

I can't judge GUI yet, because I haven't been able to test due to lack of
time to read the rockbox manual, I like to know what do I install on that
nice "paperweight" my H120 could become. But, on the H120 builds I have seen
some bitmaps, all of them B&W. Does this mean that rockbox has graphical
GUI?

And about graphical GUI design, when text GUI is designed, at least (I
suppose) some cordinates have to be adapted to any different player,
somehow. For graphics, it only should have to be similar dificulty, only
increasing the number of points to be "managed" by the "screen manager".

I don't know how rockbos is programmed, sorry if I have said anything
without knowing what I was talking about.