Subject: Re: Two (short) thougths on GUI

Re: Two (short) thougths on GUI

From: Jochen Schulz <ml_at_well-adjusted.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:04:38 +0100

ERG:

> I can't judge GUI yet, because I haven't been able to test due to lack of
> time to read the rockbox manual, I like to know what do I install on that
> nice "paperweight" my H120 could become.

If you follow the installation instructions on rockbox.org, there risk
of bricking your player is near to zero. Just make sure that your device
doesn't lose power while upgrading to the modified firmware.

> But, on the H120 builds I have seen some bitmaps, all of them B&W.
> Does this mean that rockbox has graphical GUI?

It depends on what you expect. The file browser uses very small icons
beside the files and the WPS can display abritrary bitmaps:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WpsGallery

Of course Rockbox doesn't magically enable your display to show colors,
but the dev-team did an awesome job to make more scales of gray possible
than iriver intended.

J.
--
In the west we kill people like chickens.
[Agree]   [Disagree]