Subject: Re: Changing the batteries on my Archos

Re: Changing the batteries on my Archos

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:07:17 +0100

On 3/13/06, Grant Hardy <granthardy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the battery covers those cylinder shaped things? And I just need
> something pointy to pry them loose?f

Correct. Just to be sure: The plastic parts between the upper and
lower rubber bumbers.
There is a hole at the half of their length where you insert something
pointy like a screwdriver or a toothpick (long fingernails will work
as well). This will "unlock" them as they are kind of latched under
the middle platic cover part (the one that holds the buttons and
display).
As soon as they are loose, you can pry them of, just lift them.
From what I know, it's not easy to do it in the wrong way. A toothpick
may be of best choice, so if you do something wrong, you won't make
any short-circuits nor dents nor scratches. Furthermore, the
toothpicks will bruise before something else IF you do something
wrong. The force needed if far lower than what a toothpick can take.

~lImbus