Subject: Re: Changing the batteries on my Archos

Re: Changing the batteries on my Archos

From: Christian Marg <christian.marg_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: 2006-03-14

Hallo...

Grant Hardy wrote:
> With my Jukebox V1 in front of me, I move my finger from the
> internal microphone hole along the top to the left and land on the
> rubber bumper. Keeping a finger there, I find the other bumper at
> the bottom of the unit. Is it the plastic piece between these
> bumpers that you lift up? Same on the other side?

Yes, the round plastic part between the bumpers is the battery cover on
both sides.

> And which "hole" are you talking about? I see about a xillion holes
> on the side...

Not on the side, but on the upside of the unit (where the buttons are).
Just above the F-Keys, to the left and to the right. Normally you should
be able just to use your thumbnail to snap the battery cover open: Move
from the F-Keys to the side. When you hit the edge of the round part
(you should feel a cavity), put your fingernail just there and exert a
little force to the side of the device. The cover snaps to the side and
you only have to pull it up to remove it.

bye
Christian