Subject: iriver strange problems continue

iriver strange problems continue

From: Rob Powell <rob_at_rinty.plus.com>
Date: 2006-03-16

HI all, Last night i managed to listen to 1 full album. When the album
finished, rather than going on to disk 2 of the same set, the player made
noises as though it were writing to disk. Now I have the same problem as I
had before, in that it appears to have reverted to the original iriver
firmware. This is a pain, because obviously it doesn't speak, and therefore
I can't use it. The firmware patcher I used was the one without unecode
support, as I didn't know whether my version of windows (XP pro service pack
2) had that, and I thought I'd used the euro version of the firmware, but
when it reboots in iriver mode, it says 1.28J on the screen.

Rob