Subject: Re: Unofficial Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Recorder V1

Re: Unofficial Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Recorder V1

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:44:12 +1300

The 2.5 version has an ID3 database. Quote from the 2.5 release notes-
'Furthermore, an ID3 database browser
has been added to Rockbox, making it possible to browse your files
organised by artist, album or title - regardless of how your files are
arranged in the filesystem. A searchengine for this behaviour has also
been created, allowing you to create playlists from a wide range of
criteria, such as "Artist contains john and year > 1995".'

I believe that there are some deficiencies in this implementation,
however I do not use the database myself. No changes have been made to
the database code by my patches.

The changes I have made are listed in the V2.5.1_ReadMe.txt file
viewable on the Wiki Page.
--
Tom