Subject: Voicing Menus on Ipod

Voicing Menus on Ipod

From: Barrett, Don <Don.Barrett_at_ed.gov>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:52:59 -0500

Hello All,

I am totally blind and just bought an Ipod. I have looked through all
of the FAQ's and blindness tips on the rockbox site and can only find
information on the Archos and Iriver units in terms of making them voice
their menus.

I flashed my Ipod with the Rockbox firmware according to the
instructions in the Installation link, and even put the english.voice in
the lang folder under the .rockbox folder on the unit, but nothing
speak. I am really excited about the prospects of making the Ipod menus
speak using RB so I can use as does everyone else. If anyone has any
thoughts on how to make it voice, kindly let me know. If you want to
write me privately, I am at don.barrett_at_ed.gov.

Thanks all for any help you can provide.

Don Barrett