Subject: Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 7, Issue 39

Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 7, Issue 39

From: Michael E. DiFebbo <>
Date: 2006-03-20

Alex Gibbons wrote:
> hi there
> thanks to everone who answeed my question, but I have a further question
> what is the point of having the software on the ipod video when it does not
> play video, I am a parshely sighted person who wants to be able to take full
If you want to watch video, you can simply boot to the iPod firmware.
The point of having Rockbox on the iPod is that it is vastly superior to
the iPod firmware with respect to playing audio. It also allows you to
use the iPod as a UMS device without being tied to iTunes.

As to the fact that Rockbox doesn't support video on the iPod, be
patient. Preglow and Linuxstb have worked pretty damn hard getting
Rockbox ported to iPod in the first place. You can't expect everything
at once.