Subject: Please Clarify

Please Clarify

From: Barrett, Don <Don.Barrett_at_ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:14:04 -0500

One of the installation steps for the Ipod and Rockbox says as follows:

"To install (or upgrade) Rockbox you need to attach your iPod to your PC
via USB, ensure that iTunes is set up to allow you to access your ipod
as a disk,
and then unzip rockbox.zip to the top-level (root) folder on your iPod."

Being a blind guy, I didn't install Itunes, but instead attached the USB
cable to the Ipod and went into disk mode. This allowed the computer to
see the Ipod as a disk drive and also then allowed me to use Winzip to
unzip the Rockbox software to the Ipod's main folder. Did I cause a
problem by doing it this way? In other words, is this ok or is Itunes
required to make it unzip properly as implied by the instructions.

Thanks for answering.

Don

Don Barrett
Section 508 Coordinator