Subject: RE: rockbox Digest, Vol 7, Issue 43

RE: rockbox Digest, Vol 7, Issue 43

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:36:22 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Alex Gibbons wrote:

> Why is rock box not using a form of platform like apple osx or windows for
> the codding so that we blind or arshley sighted user can take full advantage
> of there ipod videos.

You obviously have no idea what software development is, how it works or what
kind of system you think lives inside your iPod device. This question is so
off I don't even know how to answer.

> We want to be able to have as much fun with our ipods as you sighted users.

Sorry, but music players with huge graphical LCDs are likely to be at least
somewhat more fun for the sighted audience.

> The second thing that really get my goat is this angle that you say that
> rock box is also for sighted users, but do you know anyone who is sighted
> who uses it

Yes. I am sighted. I use it. And a few thousand other sighted users too.

> most people who are sighted would just go out and buy an ipod or other mp3
> players.

Yes we do, we need a player like that to run Rockbox on. But so do the
visually impaired users who want to run Rockbox.

> It is us specal coumity who need a methord of using our mp3s because of our
> sight issues

Rockbox is a firmware for portable music players, that also happens to be
rather "blind-friendly".