Subject: Re: Dissappearing Archos mod docs?

Re: Dissappearing Archos mod docs?

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2006-03-21

Funny you'd mention the 8mb mod. I was just sitting here thinking
about doing that to one of my machines....

Fortunately the Wayback Machine has already done that for this site.

But yes, I think it to be a grand idea to grab these pages and archive
them in a common place. It would be a courtesy to the authors but not
a requirement to ask permission, no more than the Wayback Machine or
Google does.

For your own use, if you're using FireFox, there is a nifty extension
called Scrap Book that grabs designated pages for local storage. It
is somewhat like the Web Stripper programs except that it works and is
simple to use. I use it extensively.

I wonder where all the Archos's are going if they are disappearing?
I'd not mind buying a few more JBRs.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:44:40 -0600, "Jeff N" <>

>I noticed today that the link to Matthias Wächter 8MB RAM mod ( is no longer working. As time goes on and there are fewer and fewer Archos units out there, I'd imagine more of these external pages will disappear.
>I wonder if we should reach out to the authors of these pages and ask their permission to bring them into so they won't be lost.
>Get your own address at

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson