Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

From: Grant Hardy <granthardy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:17:35 -0800

Excellent work!

I have a couple questions RE this...

1) That link you gave [http://www.rockbox.org/task/4902] will not open
and presents the error "object not found".
2) Is this going to be available for the non-developer to try out soon?
3) Will there be ANY chance of .flac, .ogg, ...etc, being played on
the Archos? If so, I'd never even consider getting rid of this unit.
But as the WAV support was thought to be impossible, what about aac,
flac...etc?
4) How did you ever succeed this, when the chip in the Archos for
playing MP3s is hardware?

Thanks, Grant