Subject: Re: Ipod Video is Talking

Re: Ipod Video is Talking

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:37:46 -0700

hi you asked:
Yes indeed; I just have two questions which are very pertinent to a
blind person using the Ipod.

1. Is there any way to disable the wheel except for volume and just have
the right and left keys move through the menu. I can hardly get to any
of the menus without a finger brushing the wheel surface and changing
the choice. It's kind of like trying to grab a handful of water

* Perhaps you could play with the scroll speed under the
settings/Display/scrol speed menu to se if that will help stableize the
wheel.
Is this wheel hardware or software as in touch screen?:-)

Second question is: I have put a bunch of folders in the root folder,
each full of mp3 files. Will there ever be a way to make the folder and
file names voice themselves?

*you need to generate voice clips using the utility located on the rockbox
voices page. follow the steps for instalation and run it on your IPOD and
you should be good to go.

Good luck...rocker

Thanks all and sorry if I am being a nuisance. I know this is all done
on a volunteer basis, so believe me, I am grateful for every minute
someone puts into this project.

Thanks for any wisdom on these issues.

Don