Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:11:11 +0100

On 24.03.2006, joerch.net_at_web.de wrote:

>> In case you want to know, my test track was "Fireworks" by
>> Roxette.

> Aah, *thats* why the new codename?

> http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-dev-archive-2006-03/0155.shtml

>> Rockbox 3.1 - codename Fireworks
>> Approximate release date: November 2006

Heh, really funny coincidence. Rest assured that this is
completely unintentional, "Fireworks" is my test track from back
when I researched the MAS limitations. I have that converted to
all common sample rates, and compressed with all possible
bitrates in both MP2 and MP3.

But in fact I like that coincidence. Might make me work hard to
get PCM playback ready for 3.1

Regards, Jens