Subject: Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2006-03-25

On 3/25/06, Mirko Steiner <> wrote:
> sorry if this question is a bit off-topic.
> I want a adapter for in car usage so that i don't need accumulators or batteries.
> I've tryed to put 6V (4 x 1.5V) on the 2 connectors inside the jukebox (the other ones seems to be just a bridge) but i think that my ac/dc adapter has to less power (300mA) so jukebox powers up but the disk won't spin.
> so default (as far as i remember) there are 1500mA accumulators installed on the jukebox is this the minimum i need?

you're mixing up mA and mAh :-)
But that's not hard.

As you pointed out, 300mA is not enough. describes that a
spinning up hard disk takes 800 mA, so this is what you should feed at
In your case, the power is most probably dropping to far less than 6v
when the unit tries to spin up the hard disk.
describes another way of connecting your dap to the car power.