Subject: Archos Recording Volume

Archos Recording Volume

From: Dj Paddy <>
Date: 2006-03-25

Hi all.

I soo hope somebody can give me a simple answer to this.

I had an Archos Recorder 20 FM V2. The hard drive croked in it and I had to
toss it. I have now grabbed myself a used model off Ebay. It is the Archos
Recorder V1.

Now onto my problem...

When I would record on my V2 I found that even having an external mic in I
would pick up hard drive activity as the unit buffered. I got around this
by settingt he master voluem to eithe r77% or 79%. But when I go into
volume on this unit I am given the Voluem in desibels? minus and plus,
(-+). The max is +12 desibels and the least is quite low... I use the
Voice UI's so I cant' hear the voice when it gets to as low as it can get

Is there anyway to display this volume the same as I had on my V2? Or can
anyone tell me what the exact numbers would be for the above percentages in

Thank you very much.
Barry Toner