Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

From: Pieter Bos <bos.pieter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:00:27 +0100

"Christoph Niedeggen" <Niedeggen_at_gmx.net> wrote in message
> Jens Arnold schrieb:
>> Hello rockboxers
>>
>> Following the rockbox tradition, I am more than happy to
>> announce that my Archos Recorder played it's first WAV file less
>> than 2 hours ago.
>
> Hi Jens,
>
> this is brilliant news! :-)
>
> Would it be possible to publish a compiled version of this plugin with
> some basic instructions how to use it? This way, interested users without
> a compiling environment for rockbox (like me) could try it out.

You'd have to compile specific complete rockbox versions or the plugin will
say it's an incompatible version.

Anyway, I did this for the recorders and the ondio FM and you can download a
build from CVS from yesterday evening at
http://pieter.student.utwente.nl/rockbox/ if you want to. Server is not
running when i'm asleep because it's in my room - connection speed should be
very fast though :)

For the ondio fm this does not work well yet. When playing back mono wav,
heavy clicking noises and double speed. When playing back stereo wav, heavy
clicking noise and too slow speed. Both at 44.1 Khz /16 bits. I have no way
of testing if the other versions work, all i did was compile them and edit
the viewers.config.

Pieter