Subject: Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

From: Christian Marg <christian.marg_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:27:40 +0100

Hello...

Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> For your car connection, I think the easiest would be to take a 7806,
> tie it up with two capacitors and you're go. A small heatsink may be
> useful :-)

Better use a 7805 because thats the specced voltage for the Harddrive,
which, on the JBR is wired directly to the battery connectors. The 7805
in TO-220 casing can cope at least with 1A, but remember to put on a
heatsink - you are trying to get rid of up to 7-9W thermal power (these
USB-Coffepot Heaters only have 2,5W!)

And never ever try to connect Charger and your Battery replacement at
the same time - something will fry most probably...

bye
Christian