Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:02:34 +0100

On 25.03.2006, Pieter Bos wrote:

>> Would it be possible to publish a compiled version of this
>> plugin with
>> some basic instructions how to use it? This way, interested
>> users without
>> a compiling environment for rockbox (like me) could try it
>> out.

> You'd have to compile specific complete rockbox versions or
> the plugin will say it's an incompatible version.

> For the ondio fm this does not work well yet. When playing
> back mono wav, heavy clicking noises and double speed. When
> playing back stereo wav, heavy clicking noise and too slow
> speed. Both at 44.1 Khz /16 bits. I have no way of testing if
> the other versions work, all i did was compile them and edit
> the viewers.config.

This is because of the dead-simple (read: lame) playback loop
which can't keep up with the Ondio reading the MMC as well.
I now have a version which uses DMA for playback and does
buffering as well. Smooth playback on both recorder and Ondio.

I'll polish this a little more (possibility to stop, read
parameters from WAV file to play all 16bit PCM WAV files
correctly, restore the MAS so mp3 playback won't be broken
afterwards) then commit to cvs.

Regards, Jens