Subject: Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

Re: Gentlemen, we have *PCM* sound - on Archos!

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: 2006-03-26

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 01:12:11 +0100 (MET), "[IDC]Dragon"
<idc-dragon@gmx.de> wrote:

>> Jörg, don't be sad!
>
>I'm not, am glad that it works. Plus, I wrote that plugin. Jens fixed my
>blatant bugs. (Is it an excuse that I was tired at devcon, sleeping only 4
>hours each in two nights?)
>Now he's improving the plugin. The real important step is that the
>downloaded MAS code is working, and accepting PCM data at the serial
>interface. This has never been used by Archos.

How is this going to work in terms of battery life? At first blush,
it seems like a PCM stream would have the hard drive lit up pretty
much continuously.

John

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson