Subject: Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

From: <>
Date: 2006-03-28

I've done it. Yes, you will need enough power to spin up the harddisk. A normal cell phone adaptor will not work (too low current).

I soldered a bridge from the power jack at my fm-recorder to the batt contacts. So the unit will run without batteries. But: there is one problem with rockbox: with this mod the box will start in charging mode everytime you start your car and you have to press on, very annoying. I think its better to use worn out accumulators. In this case it's not neccessary to make a modification and the unit will start completely (with car adaptor mode on).

Jetzt gratis testen!