Subject: Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

From: <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:40:54 +0200

Hi,

I've done it. Yes, you will need enough power to spin up the harddisk. A normal cell phone adaptor will not work (too low current).

I soldered a bridge from the power jack at my fm-recorder to the batt contacts. So the unit will run without batteries. But: there is one problem with rockbox: with this mod the box will start in charging mode everytime you start your car and you have to press on, very annoying. I think its better to use worn out accumulators. In this case it's not neccessary to make a modification and the unit will start completely (with car adaptor mode on).

Joerch
Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130