Subject: Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

Re: installing jukebox recorder into a car?

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:39:40 +0200

On 3/28/06, joerch.net_at_web.de <joerch.net_at_web.de> wrote:
> I soldered a bridge from the power jack at my fm-recorder to the batt contacts. So the unit will run without batteries. But: there is one problem with rockbox: with this mod the box will start in charging mode everytime you start your car and you have to press on, very annoying.

If your player is now connected to the ignition (you are telling it
starts (at least in chg-mode as soon as you start your engine), isn't
it simply dying when you turn off your car ?
How to you save settings like resume then ?

Furthermore: This hack is not recommended at all on recV1 and archos
players as the charger feeds 9V to the unit and should not be used
anymore. The 6V wall socket adapter is at least still useable on the
recFm and recV2.

~lImbus