Subject: Re: Ipod video questions

Re: Ipod video questions

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 02:47:27 -0500

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:48:14 -0800, "Grant Hardy"
<granthardy_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Look...to be honest I don't know what you mean. All I know is that
>according to a friend, the iPod Video has an FM radio, via the remote
>which acts as an antenna. I guess my question, thus, is...will
>Rockbox ever support this? The only reason I'm getting rid of my
>Archos is because I want an FM radio in my player. Please advise.

Oh come on, dude, don't be lazy! The very first google hit for "Ipod
FM radio" is this:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=MA070G/A

A $50 combo wired remote and FM radio. The radio chats with the Ipod
over the data link (what Will was trying to tell you.) so you can
control it via the Ipod but the radio itself is in the accessory pod.

Will RockBox work with that accessory? Probably not until someone
wants it to badly enough to code for it.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson