Subject: Upgrading the firmware on an iRiver H140

Upgrading the firmware on an iRiver H140

From: Tore Johnny Bråtveit <tjb_at_broadpark.no>
Date: 2006-03-31

Hi all,

I asked a question about availability of iRiver H340 players here
recently and got several quite helpful replies. Thank you to
everyone who responded. Anyway, I decided to drop the idea about
H340, and I went away and purchased a couple of H140 units
instead. I received both of them today, and now I need to install
Rockbox and then of course also upgrade the firmware. I have done
all the necessary steps, including firmware patching and copying
of files, but I need to know which keys to press to actually
initiate the firmware upgrade. Even though I found a reference on
the Rockbox site to similar upgrade of the H340, I am not sure if
the process would be exactly the same, and I want to make sure
that I don't do anything wrong here. :-)

Could anybody please give me an instruction how to do this?

Thanks very much!

Tore Johnny

--
Tore Johnny Bråtveit