Subject: Two Unrelated Questions

Two Unrelated Questions

From: Grant Hardy <granthardy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:40:58 -0800

Hello,

I have two totally unrelated questions.

1. Why do some players require bootloaders? Some players you can
simply extract a ZIP file to them and Rockbox will work perfectly.
Also, does the iAudio require a bootloader?

2. I am arranging to sell my Archos to somebody, but I want a new
player beforehand. I'm looking at the iAudio X5. There is one on
eBay that apparently is slightly thicker than the regular X5, do to
something like an extended battery. As this still comes within the X5
series, will this likely work with Rockbox? Will voice support, FM
radio and voice recorder follow soon (voice support arrived within a
week or so of sound on the iPod)?

Thanks.