Subject: Re: Modifying Voice Clips

Re: Modifying Voice Clips

From: ScottLearned <SLearned_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:53:16 -0700

Brian Wolven wrote:
The encoding options used by the voiceBox scripts are set in the
variable LameOpts in the voiceBox.wsf file, like so:

  Const LameOpts = "-m m -b 24 -S"

I'm not really sure what would provide the best *quality* voice clip. At
one time we had some constraints on the clips that limited our choices,
IIRC. I'm not sure if that is true any longer. I'd have to dig around in
the lame docs and experiment a bit first to see what might work better.
If anyone out there has used some different settings for Lame (or the
SAPI5 voices) and gotten better results, please post them here. I'd be
happy to make them the new default options in the voiceBox package.

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the info. I tried a couple of different settings and finally
decided on 32, as this seems to be the best choice for me considering the
size/ audio quality.
Oh yes, this was done with NeoSpeech Paul.

By the way, these scripts Rock! I converted a 5.5G folder including
subfolders and files, in a little over a minute!

Thanks again,
Scott