Subject: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have frozen!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have frozen!

From: Christi Alice Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:56:12 +0100

I'm pleased to announce that we've reached a milestone on the road to a
release of Rockbox 3.0. As of this morning, CVS is now officially in
feature freeze. This means that until the release of Rockbox 3.0, the
only patches accepted into CVS will be those which fix an existing bug
in the proposed release platforms (Archos and Iriver).

The freeze is expected to last a month with the proposed release date
for Rockbox 3.0 being 1st May 2006. After the release, we will be
accepting new features into CVS again. In the mean time, please feel
free to use the patch tracker to keep track of potential new
functionality for Rockbox.

Commiters, it would be very helpful if you can include a bug database
reference in CVS commits during this period so we can track progress
towards release.

In the mean time, we need volunteers to test Rockbox on Archos Players,
Recorders, Ondios and Iriver H1xx and H3xx. Please report missing
functionality and bugs at
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/index.php?type=2. The list of things
that ought to work in Rockbox on these platforms is at
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseTodo. Please help us
to make the best Rockbox we can.

Thanks,

Christi