Subject: Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: 2006-04-03

> remember correctly, reflashing ANY US-firmware voids the drm-stuff.

No, if you have a US unit and flash it with International firmware,
you'll lose DRM. I've never had international firmware on my unit ever.
Not that I've ever used DRM either, it's just annoying to see the error
message when I've been using US firmware the whole time.

> It may be as well that the programming cannot be done with ANY
> US-Version because of that. That would explain why none of the
> US-Versions is listed on the page.

Fine ... since I seem to have lost my useless DRM key anyhow, I guess
I'll try it with an int'l firmware version.

> Does it block on this error message about the drm-key or can you go
> ahead into the iriver-software ?

This error message is reported by the iriver firmware. Which is the only
firmware I can get running, and only when I plug in the power plug

> Did you install the rockbox-files (the zip-archive) onto the hard disk
> of the iriver ?

Yes, a few times ;o) I've tried the latest 'daily' build, I've tried the
latest 'bleeding edge' build, I've just now installed the 'h300
optimized' build.

So I'll scrap the US firmware and install some other version and see
where I get.

-id