Subject: Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 00:52:57 +0200

On 4/4/06, ian douglas <id_at_w98.us> wrote:
> Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> > Do you see any evidence at all that the Rockbox bootloader runs?
>
> What 'evidence' would I look for?
>
> I held down the On/Play button, and kept holding it while inserting the
> power cable, and held the button down for a total of 20 seconds, and
> just saw a black screen the whole time. As soon as I let go (less than a
> second later) it booted the iRiver firmware.

if shortly before loading the iriver software (with the loooooong
blue-ish screen) a white screen with tiny black font in the upper left
corner would appear, saying something like "Rockbox boot
loader\nVersion 5", then that would be an evidence. It is known to
splash out the reason for not loading rockbox when in fails to do so
before proceeding to the iriver stock firmware.

~lImbus