Subject: Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:15:01 -0700

Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> if shortly before loading the iriver software (with the loooooong
> blue-ish screen) a white screen with tiny black font in the upper left
> corner would appear, ... then that would be an evidence.

No such screen appears. Within a second or two of releasing the on/play
button (all the while just staring at a totally black screen), it
immediately shows the blue iriver firmware screen.

If it'll help, I'll get out my digital camera at home tonight and make
an MPEG movie of exactly what I'm trying so you can see what I see (and
don't see) and post it so you guys can maybe spot where I'm missing a
step... Since my 90+ minute commute home is going to start in a little
over an hour and a half, I'm going to reflash the 1.04US firmware so I
have something to listen to on my drive home.

-id