Subject: Re: Bose Speaker System for Ipod

Re: Bose Speaker System for Ipod

From: ScottLearned <SLearned_at_cox.net>
Date: 2006-04-04

On 4/3/06, Barrett, Don <Don.Barrett@ed.gov> wrote:
> I was thinking about getting eh Bose speaker system which both charges
> and plays music from the Ipod using the non-standard USB port on the
> unit. The question: will Rockbox work and voice out using this speaker
> system. Thanks.

From what I know, the support for such additional devices is still
discussed/investigated, but not yet done.
Best advice is in fact to try it out, THEN buy afterwards. And let us know.
I wonder whether they wired a line-out to that special dock connector,
which would be sweet as it would be running without special
rockbox-efforts.

~lImbus

Hi,
I am using my Video with a Klipsch iFi speaker system designed for the iPod.
It has a docking station with volume control, sub button and line-in.
Also a plus is the tiny wireless remote that works any where in my Home.
The only function on the remote that doesn't work with Rockbox at this time
are the previous and next track buttons. It has a total of five:
Play/Pause, Volume Up, Volume Down, Previous Track and Next Track.
I believe the docking station is charging the iPod since Rockbox won't load
unless I hold down the Menu key.

The Klipsch iFi's have much higher ratings
than the Bose system.

Here are the specs.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=907&s=specs

Scott