Subject: Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:05:47 -0700

Well, after I got home I booted the laptop into Windows, formatted the
FAT32 partition on my H320, and then downloaded another copy of the
04-03-2006 daily build, another copy of the 1.29k firmware direct from
the iRiver support site, and the fwpatcher.exe (or whatever it's
called), and everything worked just fine... I'm now running Rockbox on
my H320.

I'm disappointed though that the very latest Rockbox source code that
you guys want us to test (which compiled absolutely cleanly for the
descramble/mkboot/scramble utilities, that wouldn't compile cleanly for
Rockbox 2.5) wouldn't work for me earlier today.

Also, since Windows doesn't have a native MD5 utility, perhaps an MD5
function could be written into the fwpatcher.exe so it would report the
MD5 hash when a successful firmware patch is done?

The other major obstacle I'm going to hit now if I ever need to boot
into the iRiver firmware is that I don't read Korean ... Can someone
post the H300 button sequence to change the language back to English?

As soon as I get some audiobooks saved on the drive, I'll give it a
shot, maybe put some music on there, check out some of the games, etc.

-id