Subject: Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

Re: ian and his v1.04US h300

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: 2006-04-04

> Wait a minute.. Did you compile the bootloader yourself? That's a big nono.

No, I downloaded the bootloader-h300.bin and followed the instructions
accordingly. I don't have an environment to compile m68k code. Well, I
did, once upon a time when I did firmware development, but that was 7-8
years ago.

> And 2.5 is *not* for the iriver. Don't even think about it.

Yeah, found that out afterward, but even the latest cvs build of
rockbox, which compiled the descramble/mkboot/scramble code cleanly
without any warnings, and still produced a .hex file that matched the
md5 sum would not work.

> Also, we do not support the 1.04 version. It is completely untested by us.

Wish it was, the US firmware has some nice features that I got used to
using.

-id