Subject: Question about Rockbox with IPods

Question about Rockbox with IPods

From: Chris Gilland <cknc_at_carolina.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:36:23 -0400

I have an IPod mini 4 gig. I think, I'm not positive, but I think it was
the second generation, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, it's the one
that holds about 1000 songs on an average. I tried to install Rockbox on
it, as I did see on the web site, the installer for Rockbox for ipod's for
the second generation, but regardless how hard I try, I cannot seem to get
any speech. It seems to work up to the pont where I write the new firmware
with the boot loader, but then whether I get that light blue screen with the
bootloader, I can't tell, as I only have very very lmited vision. I do know
that the ipod doesn't lose functionality, and it still seems to work after
that point, but i just simply have no speech. Can it be done with this
model, and if so, can someone please give me a hand? It would be easier if
someone could e-mail me privately for my phone number and then call and walk
me through this, although, if e-mail must be the way of communication, that
is fine too.

Thank you for your help.

Chris Gilland.