Subject: Re: charging question.

Re: charging question.

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:33:31 +0200

On 4/5/06, mathew holton <mathew.holton_at_zirconsoftware.co.uk> wrote:
> 1. Is this now fully charged?

on recFM, charging is done in hardware, nothing rockbox can do wrong,
so yes, I suppose it is.

> 2. As it shows 100% does that mean, it's no longer charging?

hum. I think so.

> 3. Should a lithium iron (I think that's what it is) be charged for,
> like, 16 hours, to avoid harming it if it's new?

Well, these kinds of values "at least 16h" certainly do not count for
intelligent chargers like the archos is. The circuit is able to detect
whether the batttery is full or not.

> I ask this because I really want to see if I get the full 19hours usage!

If your battery capacity setting is correct (as you said), then the
19h prognosis should be right. The fact it charged in 6 hours just
lets me think it's been in a good shape when you got it.

~lImbus