Subject: which player to buy?

which player to buy?

From: Pieter Bos <bos.pieter_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-04-05

Hello!

Do any of you know of an mp3 player that is currently for sale, preferably
supported or in the near future to be supported by rockbox, that allows
recording with an external microphone (can be line in - i have a small
preamp) with adjustable gain and peak meter? I'm looking for on as my ondio
suffers from the broken chip problem, which means it has about 3 or 4 hours
of battery life at most. I can't seem to find anything for sale at all that
would do what i want, except for the sony minidiscs. Those have very strange
copyright limitations though and have intentionally broken their mp3
playback to make it sound worse than atrac - so i don't really consider them
as an option. So, any ideas?

regards,

Pieter