Subject: Re: Stray Left & Right events (was: unexitable play list)

Re: Stray Left & Right events (was: unexitable play list)

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:03:34 +0200

On 04.04.2006, Manuel Dejonghe wrote:

> are you using ? I perceive it sometime a bit hard to navigate
> properly on my h300 as stray "left" and "right" seem to be
> pressed when scrolling up and down and the other way round. I
> think it's rather a mechanical problem of the joystick-square.

So I am not alone then...

My H340 has the same problem, and it seems to be not (only) a
mechanical problem. I have a patch that improves the situation,
doing a different kind of button debounce (filtering). Perhaps I
should polish that a bit and commit.

This new filter method would then be used for all platforms with
ADC multi-button inputs, replacing the simple 2-presses-in-a-row
filtering. It would also make it easier to add extra filtering
to suppress the spurious Off events with low battery on recorder
v1.

Regards, Jens