Subject: Re: which player to buy?

Re: which player to buy?

From: Pieter Bos <>
Date: 2006-04-05

"Ronald Teune" <> wrote in message
> Hi,
> On you can find all that
> you
> want. I suppose that every unit which has Recording => Yes has a separate
> line in, though it is not mentioned explicitly, I see now. You can as well
> buy another second hand Ondio, probably the cheapest solution. It all
> depends
> on how many GB you want, if you want WAV recording (which will probably be
> supported by the Archoses in the near future too), if you want other
> codecs
> than MP3, how much money you want to spend, etc.
> I'd say: pick one first and then ask here if it really supports all that
> you
> want.

The second hand one might be an option, but i prefer a HD recorder, if
possible. That site lists the ipods as an option, though apparently you'll
have to solder a connector yourself for it to work? Does anyone know if the
IAudio X5 has a connector bundled, cause it seems to need some dock
connector as well? The iaudio X5 seems quite expensive though and the
irivers are no longer for sale. I haven't found other devices that work with
an external mic with a peak meter and gain setting. Does anyone know if the
IAudio has this, or will support it in the future with rockbox?