Subject: Re: which player to buy?

Re: which player to buy?

From: Pieter Bos <bos.pieter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:01:59 +0200

Oh, there's the archos gmini 402 and the 500. I tried my brother's 400, and it records very well :) And someone already found out how to run software on it, so if i happen to suddenly have loads of time an attempt to porting rockbox is definately possible too...

Pieter
  "Pieter Bos" <bos.pieter_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:e12m0p$j2v$1_at_sea.gmane.org...
  Ok, thanks for the information. But does or will it have a peak meter and gain controls? I can't find it on their site and i wouldn't know if their hardware could support it with rockbox - guess it completely depends on what hardware they used. Without a gain control, it's quite useless...

  I did find some USB recorder that stores to any usb storage device, the gemini iKey. It's as expensive as an MD recorder, big, heavy and still doesn't have a built in preamp...

  So, i think there still isn't anything on the market that works as well for about the same price as the old archos or iriver products?... Apart from those m-audio and edirol products, which seem great, but also far too expensive for my purpose. I could buy a HI-MD recorder and a hd mp3 player for that money and then i wouldn't have to deal with very expensive flash memory..

  Pieter