Subject: Installing Rockbox with speech on an Iriver h340

Installing Rockbox with speech on an Iriver h340

From: Sandra <>
Date: 2006-04-06

I'd like to install Rockbox with speech onto an Iriver H340, which I got
from I had a look at
but I'm not sure which version of the Iriver firmware to get. Probably one
of the international versions, but what's the difference between the Eu-,
the K-, and the J-versions? And what's the difference between versions 1.28
and 1.29? How do I tell which one I need?

Reading the list for some days, I noted that speech support didn't work with
the latest daily builts of rockbox. So what is the latest daily built that I
can use if I need speech on the Iriver?

Thanks in advance for your help