Subject: voice UI while audio stopped in latest builds

voice UI while audio stopped in latest builds

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:19:25 +1000

Hi all,

Now that I have a voice file which will work with the latest
builds (see previous messages), I have discovered a bug which only
applies to these later builds, perhaps because of the pcmbuf/playback
code changes. On an Iriver H300 (and I suspect other SWCODEC platforms), once playback has occurred, the voice UI will not work
while playback is stopped. The only fix is to power off and on. To
duplicate:
1. If resume on startup is enabled, disable it and power off and on.
2. Access the menu. Observe that voice works correctly.
3. Play an audio file.
4. While playing, access the menu again. Observe that voice works
correctly, mixing with the audio as it should.
5. Stop the audio file.
6. Access the menu again. Observe that voice does not speak.
7. Play audio again. Observe that the last voice clip that should have been
played (but did not play) while audio was stopped is played.

Btw, my Microsoft Sam voice file can be found at:
http://www.jantrid.net/misc_files/english.voice
I haven't bothered to tweak the default settings in makevoices.vbs at
all; I just made it to test the latest builds.

Thanks!

Jamie

--
James Teh