Subject: RE: voice UI while audio stopped in latest builds

RE: voice UI while audio stopped in latest builds

From: Steve Nutt <steve_at_comproom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:31:16 +0100

Hi Andrew,

As a blind voice user, I must say, I wish that it would not talk when you
press the select key on a file. I reported this last night, but basically,
you select a file with the arrows, and it gets either spelled or numbered.
You hit select to play it, and the speech is repeated. This is just
unnecessary speech in my view, the second time. We only need to hear the
files as they are selected with the arrow keys. I don't think it needs to
speak at all when the MP3 files are playing. Rockbox has always voiced
these files twice, and it is just wasted verbage.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589