Subject: Re: Auto-pausing

Re: Auto-pausing

From: Neon John <>
Date: 2006-04-12

But that's not what we want. I may lay in bed an indeterminate amount
of time before I go to sleep. It might be 10 minutes or two hours.
Unlike music, it's not Ok for the audio book to keep droning on until
some fixed-interval timer expires. The audio book should stop playing
as soon as I get sleepy enough to not be paying attention. Holding a
switch on until one gets sleepy enough to relax the grip works very

Interrupting the power in "car mode" might be the easiest way to do
it, as one can have a remote switch without a lot of wiring or effort.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:41:08 +0200, "Manuel Dejonghe"
<> wrote:

>On 4/11/06, Jani Kinnunen <> wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure, but the "Sleep timer" function might be the function you
>> are looking for. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know how it exactly
>> works.
>The Sleep Timer shuts down the unit after that time. It might by
>unconvenient (specially on unflashed devices) to switch on and boot up
>the device everytime, but in general, it would work.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson