Subject: Re: Nuance Communications and Gracenote Announce Speech-Enabled MediaPlayer

Re: Nuance Communications and Gracenote Announce Speech-Enabled MediaPlayer

From: Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger_at_vol.at>
Date: 2006-04-12

Hi,

On 11 Apr 2006 at 21:37, Glenn at home wrote:

> I don't like using voice recognition for devices.
> Too often people think that the Blind need voice recognition to use
> equipment.
> Also, I think many people don't understand the difference between voice
> recognition, or voice command versus speech output.

Yes I have to agree with you.
Cause I don't need it too. Voice output is much better than voice
input. Sometimes these hardware understand you wrong when you are
talking to fast or not clear enough and you have to say it again. So
you are faster with entering in the number or searching the name.

> Voice input is more important to the
> sighted who drive than it is to the Blind.

Yes for them it is more useful than for us.

Simon