Subject: Re: Rockbox and iTrip?

Re: Rockbox and iTrip?

From: Ray Voelker <>
Date: 2006-04-12

I agree that i would _love_ to see a way to get rockbox + ipod + the
iTrip ( ) working
... this is the one that i just bought unfortunately just before i
discovered the wonders of the rockbox software. : (

Maybe this is a case where rockbox needs to be able to deal with dock
connections as well ... oh well ... maybe in the future.

On 4/10/06, Dan <> wrote:
> Greetings all,
> I'm a recent Rockbox convert and absolutely love it, BUT, I can't get my
> Griffin iTrip to work with it on my 4g monochrome iPod.
> Basically, when I play anything after the iTrip is plugged in, it
> *appears* to come on and transmit, but I get mostly static (and very faint
> transmission of my music) through the radio.
> The iTrip is tuned just fine. I can boot into the Apple Firmware and play
> a track through the iTrip without any worries but, for me, the whole
> purpose of getting Rockbox was to avoid the ridiculous shortcomings in
> Apple's firmware (such as being restricted to the iTunes database and MP3
> file storage).
> Has anyone gotten this to work? I've tried [most] nightly builds up to
> April 9th this year.
> TIA,
> Dan.

Ray Voelker