Subject: RE: battery life on H300

RE: battery life on H300

From: Simon Eigeldinger <>
Date: 2006-04-12

On 12 Apr 2006 at 13:04, Rob Powell wrote:

> Hi all, I'm having the same problem with the battery life of my 2 H340's as
> Ian. I get about 1.5 hours at the most of life playing music, a bit longer
> playing audio books.

Oh that's not good. On the sheet of the player it is said that the
battery holds 16 hours.
But is the battery real empty? When it is not it can have problems
when you load it always only half full and use only also the half
part of it. So it couldn't completely empty you get maybe the memory

> . The problem is of course, that without rockbox, I can't use my player as
> I don't use the screen.

Same will be here.

> Could the developers possibly add an option to disable the battery
> monitoring function until that problem's fixed?

Would be good cause I will go away in about one and a half week and I
need a working player :-). OK I can put the old Archos with me too
but then I have two players. One for recording stuff and one for
listening to files.
And for the batteries its not very healthy when they don't get
correctly charged.