Subject: Re: battery life on H300

Re: battery life on H300

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:19:30 -0700

>> as Ian. I get about 1.5 hours at the most
>
> But is the battery real empty?

No. The last time I played an audiobook via Rockbox, my player died
after 37 minutes of play time - from a fully charged battery. I booted
into the original iRiver firmware, which also powered off right away,
leading me to believe that something in Rockbox had indeed drained my
battery, so I left it off while I dodged some traffic, then brought it
back up in the original firmware, and its battery meter said it was a
*full charge* ... and I've played the same audiobook files in the
original firmware for well over 10 hours now and it's on the last
battery indicator so I'll get to drive home tonight then have to charge
it back up.

But if I were to start it up in Rockbox again, I get mere minutes of
play time before it shuts off completely again. And when that happens,
the original firmware, too, thinks the battery is dead. But if I let it
sit a few minutes, then boot directly into the original firmware, it
works just fine.

-id