Subject: Re: Rockbox voice files

Re: Rockbox voice files

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: 2006-04-13

Hi Scott,

The english.lng in your .rockbox directory is actually a binary version,
not the original language source file, which is called english.lang. The
only place you can find the .lang files is in the Rockbox source. This
means you'll either have to download the source code for the daily build
in question (you can find the source on the daily builds page as well)
or trace it back through CVS and grab it from there. The file is in
aps/lang. The source archives are quite big, but unless you understand
CVS, that is the better option for you. Here is the link to view CVS for
apps/lang if you want to try your hand:
http://www.rockbox.org/viewcvs.cgi/apps/lang/
Note that with the newer builds (from about 3 April onwards), you can't
use the english.lang from the source archive. You need to run the genlang tool
over it first to convert it so that the makevoices.vbs script can interpret it,
which won't run under Windows unless you install perl. This is why I
provided an english.lang for download for those who can't or don't know
how to use genlang.

Jamie

--
James Teh