Subject: ip4g battery bench - too low runtime

ip4g battery bench - too low runtime

From: Isaak Tsalicoglou <tisaak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:30:00 +0200

I let the album "Mono - Under the Pipal Tree" repeat, starting with a
full battery, and got the ridiculously low battery runtime of 3 hours
and 36 minutes :/ In the Apple firmware, I get runtimes > 8 hours and
I'm afraid that rockbox is degrading my battery.

I'm wondering...
a) why is the battery capacity setting default at 1500 mAh and can
only be increased, when according to the iPod battery FAQ, 4g
grayscale ipods have a 670 mAh battery?
b) why does it consume so much more power than the original firmware?

I haven't programmed anything in C in 2 years. Should I dive into CVS
and try to contribute or am I going to fsck things up?

Isaak